Thank you for your interest in Pink Moon Community House.
It’s an awesome Christian Girls’ Community with a dumb name.
Here are a few details about the rooms for rent and the house itself:
Cost- $430-460/month plus a few utilities (see what is free below). Utilities average around $30-75 a month depending on how well the residents manage AC/heating & water use.
AVAILABLE- $460 – Huge upper level master bedroom with two closets, ceiling fan, two windows, and private bath.
(Under Lease)$445- Huge lower level bedroom that could be a private studio with kitchenette, private backyard access through large 3-pane sliding glass door, and a bathroom shared with one other.
(Under Lease)$430- Lower level bedroom with large closet, two windows in the shade, and a bathroom shared with one other.
- A BEAUTIFUL living space: hardwood floors, newer major appliances, remodeled kitchen, updated light fixtures.
- Legal Group Home status with Cobb County
- Reserved driveway parking space (an additional $10/month gets the garage parking spot with automatic door opener)
- Private bedroom with closet (or two depending on room)
- Bathroom shared with one other clean, respectful roommate. Private master bath.
- Furnished living room *Depends on current residents.
- Furnished kitchen
- Furnished dining room
- Newer Washer & Dryer
- Lawn mower
- Large community area- living room with wood flooring, big kitchen with appliances, front and back porches
- Shady wooded backyard- perfect for reading in a hammock
- FREE pest control
- FREE garbage & recycling service
- A managed household- A resident assistant lives on-site and helps coordinate house events, bills, and other home-related items like waiting for the cable guy. Manager lives off site and can help mediate conflicts and visit for home maintenance (this is his blog).
- Short, beautiful, and shaded five-minute walk to Kennesaw State Campus / 30 second bike ride (compare to waiting 15 minutes just to get IN to the parking decks)
- Five houses up the street from Wings & Worship campus ministry house and very close to other ministries.
Community- We put a heavy (heavy!) emphasis on community living, communication, serving each other, and serving the community. Each year we plan at least six events that all house members are expected to lead or participate in. As a house member, you will get the chance to personally lead (and we will all help you) one of these events. In the 2011-2012 school year we cooked breakfast for homeless/poor community, became artists painting canvases as a group, had a new housemates welcome party with the neighbors, and several house dinners and game nights. What will we do next year? That’s up to you.
Respect- Let’s be real: At some point living with other people gets weird. We know that. What counts is how we handle the conflicts that arise. In Pink Moon, we always have open communication. Because we all grew up in different homes and learned different social rules, we will all get together to define what we all think is crappy roommate behavior and ways that we can all show respect to each other.
Pets- You can have a beta fish.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in and like to contribute to, please fill out the following application to schedule a tour. (If you’re using a mobile device, click HERE to fill out the application)